On July 5th, 2012, we rolled out an updated version of our webmail application in a "preview mode" for all users of Rightfast Email Service.
NEW WEBMAIL ARRIVES FOR ALL USERS ON NOVEMBER 8, 2012
Updated Webmail includes a refreshed interface with tabs on top and a new default theme. Beginning on Thursday, November 8th, 2012, the new webmail application becomes the default for all users and the current webmail application will be removed.
You're probably wondering what's new in this version of webmail. Here are some highlights:
- Support for Google Chrome and Apple Safari in both the Standard and Basic interfaces
- Better settings handling across sessions for things like the preview pane and email header view
- New three-pane layout for the Personal Address Book
- Improved application responsiveness and speed
Updates and Enhancements
- Added support for Chrome and Safari 4 (Standard interface).
- Cleaned up the layout of the Standard and Basic interfaces to use the application selector instead of having all applications dashboards combined into one (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Cleaned all the dialog boxes to have "x" at top right corner instead of "close" button (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Added support for pop-up alerts of event and email reminders (Standard interface).
- Updated safe/block sender functionality on folder viewer to allow the user to choose between safe/block entire email address or the entire domain (Basic and Standard interface).
- Added right-click actions to dash-board items of email, address-book, calendar, and RSS applications (Standard interface).
- Many bug fixes (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Added Infinite-scroll functionality for listing emails to replace pagination interfaces (Standard interface).
- Added ability to horizontally re-size top headers on folder view (Standard interface).
- Removed the auto-selection of the next message when deleting, reporting spam, moving a message from a folder when application is in two-pane mode (Standard interface).
- Application will remember, across sessions, the user preferences for: 1) two-pane versus single pane mode, 2) compress versus expanded header display on message viewer (Standard interface).
- Added a button to clear the search field and to reload the message of the folder being searched (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Changed the behaviour of the folder view so that message check-boxes are not automatically checked. The user has to specifically click on the check-box in order to perform multi-message operations (Standard interface).
- Added support for CTRL- and SHIFT operations for selecting multiple messages in the folder view (Standard interface).
- Changed the interfaces for folder management operations to be done through modals (Standard interface).
- Added ability to intersperse comments between original message on a message reply (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Improved performance and memory consumption when parsing HTML messages (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Improved handling of malformed HTML when parsing messages (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Resolved memory problems when detecting URLs inside message bodies (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Improved IMAP back-end access through the use of IMAP SORT command.
Personal Address Book
- Updated the address-book interfaces to have a three column view instead of the current split pane view (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Updated the behaviour of the date picker in the dashboard of the calendar application to remember the selected calendar view (Standard interface).
- Added a warning message when trying to add an event for a date that has already passed (Basic and Standard interfaces).
- Updated to improve performance (Standard and Basic interfaces)